The National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA) released three unique lists of approximately 100 providers and broker dealers serving the defined contribution and 401(k) retirement plan industry.
All three lists include providers that are national in scope. The broker dealers listed all serve plan advisors, who make up the membership of NAPA. The lists, which are compiled by NAPA and posted on the NAPA Net website, are updated twice a year, in May and October.
Since the lists were last published, there have been several important changes in the industry, including:
• Ascensus purchased ExpertPlan
• CPI converted to CUNA’s record keeping system and became more closely aligned with their parent
• Fidelity’s mid-market strategy ($1-$75 million) continues to focus on financial advisors, with an integration of their sales force
• MassMutual purchased Hartford
• ING went public and is now trading as Voya
• Nationwide and BMO started a DC investment only division
• Victory Capital was sold to a private equity firm
• NFP was taken private
NAPA is a sister organization of the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA).